Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It has been a whirl-wind the past two weeks, and there is no slowing down for a few more weeks. 

Two weeks ago I headed to Winter Park on my own to check out the first ever Weekend Warrior Tour. I heard about the competition from Ben and Collin from Sick Stickz at SIA and I am so excited that I decided to go compete. I was a bit nervous headed there alone and not know what to expect. It was an early morning on Saturday as we waited for the athletes meeting. Guys started to walk into the room, but no girls. I was the only girl signed up. Being solo the hosts asked me if I would like to join in the boys league. Why not? So out we went to inspect the venue. The chutes were tucked away in an awesome part of WP and I was excited to get the chance to ski the area. I went in with the idea of jumping off anything and everything in front of me. I dropped in fifth and I had a fun run! It was such a fun environment at the bottom of the venue. We all went off to ski Winter Park. At the end of day one there were 13 guys, me included. I ended up tied for 2nd. 

Day two started off later in the morning. We took an inspection of an area we were unaware that was open. There was some awesome lines in the new area and boy the the guys throw down! We had a blast and ending up 4th after day two was exciting for me. Everyone was so supportive of each other and it was a great community of skiiers. The crew put on an awesome event I saw some awesome skiing and was so excited that I could be apart of the event. The 4 hour drive home went by quickly with all the energetic vibe I got from the competition. I can't wait for the next Weekend warriors on March 19th and 20th. 
Top 5 finishers at Weekend Warriors





Im headed off to Aspen Snowmass this weekend after a fun Weekend at Crested Butte. Qualifier day was hosted on headwall. After a day of snow and wind the venue was filled and looking the best conditions I have seen. I took a conservative line with the goal of staying on my feet. It was a success and I had such a fun time skiing my run. Headwall was more filled in than I have ever seen. Francesca moved fast through the venue and had a great finish. The boys had a good show as well. Mike Curran stomped a spin of box rock. The rest of the guys on the team had impressive runs making work of a big drop out of Pocket Air. Because of the weather day cuts were drastic. It was exciting to have two boys (Max Lindsey and Alex Mitchell) and two girls (Francesca and Ciera Glenn) and moving on to the big event on day 1. The venue Staircase showed some impressive runs. Unfortunately, Western had a bit of a disappointment on Day 1 and only Francesca moved on to the Finals day. Finals day was a powder day And there was some crazy style from the guys side of things. It was an awesome event thanks to all the supporters of Crested Butte including skiers, judges, ski patrol, and of course the fans! A big congratulations goes to Francesca Pavillard who had an impressive qualifier day, killer day 1 run, and an awesome final run to put her into 5th overall!
Qualifiers Venue- Headwall

The Finish on Day 1

Check back soon for a link to Crested Butte FWT edit by Sour Steezle's Film and editor Matt Clark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment